I was born and educated in Turkey until my early 20s. Following an initial career in engineering, I decided to retrain as a psychologist. Since 1998, I have been studying and working in the field of psychology and psychological therapies.
Over the years, I have worked with individuals and groups presenting with a range of psychological problems across the moderate to severe end of the mental health spectrum. I have experience of working with adults, young people, couples and groups in a variety of settings. In the National Health Service (NHS) I worked in the following settings: Community Mental Health Teams (CMHTs), GP surgeries, psychiatric hospitals, psychology & psychotherapy departments, Improving Access to Therapies Service (IAPT) etc.). I also provided therapy at voluntary / charitable counselling centres, university / colleges and in private practice. In the last ten years I’ve been running my own private practice in Reading, Berkshire and London.
- Doctor of Counselling Psychology (Regent’s University, London)
- MA in Counselling and Psychotherapy (West London University, London)
- BA Psychology & Sociology (The University of Reading)
Memberships of Professional Bodies and Organisations:
- Chartered member (CPsychol) of the British Psychological Society BPS Division of Counselling Psychology
- Registered with Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- Accredited Member of the British Association for Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies (BABCP)
- Member of the EMDR Association UK (EMDR UK)
- Member of The British Emotionally Focused Therapy Centre (BEFT) and (ICEEFT)
- Public and Professional Liability Insurance with the Psychologists Protection Society (PPS)